Our goal for everyone who attends a service, event or community group at Exodus Church is that they would move from a first time attender to a fully involved member of Exodus Church. In short, we want you to get connected here…to be part of our family. In our culture, where the Church is seen as either a dispenser of goods and services or a social club, we want Exodus Church to stand out as a gospel-centered community on the mission of Jesus. For this reason, at Exodus Church, we want membership to mean something. Rather than just being a name on a list or a pass into a social circle, we want to know that our members are partnering with us, sacrificing generously and serving the mission of Jesus together as we seek to make disciple-making disciples and plant church-planting churches.
- Next Steps Class: Next Steps classes are scheduled frequently throughout the year. Watch the calendar on The City and listen for announcements about when they are scheduled, typically on a Sunday evening at 5 p.m. Childcare is provided if needed. Please register by sending an email to [email protected].
- Follow Up: Below are some things that you will need to do after coming to the class:
- Tell us your story: In an email, tell us about your life, the gospel and your current walk with Christ.
- Member Participation: We would also ask that you begin “acting like a member” during your time in the class – that you would participate, serve and give to the mission of Exodus.
- Affirmation Interview: Each potential member will have an interview with an Elder or leader. This will involve sharing your experience with Jesus and give you an opportunity to ask any questions you have about Exodus.
- Baptism: At Exodus, we practice believer’s baptism by immersion. If you have not been baptized as a believer, we will ask you to follow the commands and example of Jesus in this step of obedience. We will talk about this with you during the Membership Class and the Affirmation Interview.
- Membership Covenant: We want you to be clear on what it means to be a member of Exodus. To do this, we ask that our members sign the Membership Covenant. Click here to view the Membership Covenant.
- Presentation: After completing the Member Process and signing the Membership Covenant, you will be presented to Exodus as a member of our community of faith.
If we can answer any questions or help you connect at Exodus, please let us know.